6/11/13

Get Low Get Low Get Low Get Low:

I mean this in a funny way too
Casual Sex is God Damned Futile




I used to like Eminem
I once drank a fifth of vodka in twenty minutes and drove
I needed drugs
I once met a parolee with six kids at 24 and one in the youth joint
She had a shrine to Eminem
It was over her bed and under her watch yourself fuck mirror
It was something we could bond over
The Eminem I mean
It was something you could assume a bond out of hand with everyone you met
I used to think shocking and funny were obviously the same thing
I used to be too cool for morals
Its hilarious to murder your wife over and over again
I had a one-night stand with a woman in a violent relationship
One-afternoon stand really
We fucked on his couch than we went to the park fed ducks and smoked weed
Everyone knew about it in the space of a day and night
I told no one. I admitted nothing
I avoided a fight with the boyfriend by drunk driving away from his questions

Once at the Alley I had a bloody mary in a mason jar for like six bucks
I'm shamed of that in a way I'm not shamed of other things
Once I had a bloody mary like half an hour after brushing my teeth
and everything faintly smelled and tasted like garlic salt for days
It was like I had just vomited an hour ago forever. 

I hate the alley but like the neighborhood
Every summer the drown of bougie cover bands at red nine
and the dance of fortysomething bud light meatheads
Behind that the near south with the smell of roses from old Klein's corners yes
Also the air of tree pollen that does not actually smell like semen
but in plain literal and biologic sense is semen
Sex is not the only reason that birds sing
any weather we find annoying tends to batter and drown the birds dead in scores
and then there's the mascot falcons we love top the Capitol
normally a big town with its trees would give the little birds cover from the prairie space
but naw
Fuck you robin
Fuck you mocking J
Fuck you woodcock
It's fucking shit to be a songbird
Billie Holiday sang the blues
And every lost artist and past generation suffered to death
doesn't really want a better future for their children
or an artless world of dry contentment
They want you to suffer too and they hate what your weak ass calls romance

It is written forever that boys write poetry
and Men Die
girls sing the blues
and Women Bleed
"¡Muera la inteligencia!"
 




No comments:

Post a Comment