6/17/13


I'm changed in the way 
your brain set
Not the thinking part 
but the knowing part
that sadly set its face 
on the staircase 
And then die is right! 
Here, we're right here
in the pre-death like 
the minutes
in the blue chair
before you board the airplane
are only minutes in the one chair
before the minutes
in the plane chair or how
a screaming rabbit
snagged in the cat's teeth
is the massacre
of my imagined kindness or
how I have to piss and 
this ink is the ink
until I piss

There's that brass bird
I saw last in the place 
coated in cat piss
with the porch 
on which I set
my mother's plants 
to die and the neighbor 
let her tub run 
to cover the floor
My friend my friend 
would stop to drink
from the round cup
set carefully for him
me lying like I wasn't 
sitting waiting
and now I guess this 
is only in minutes
after that

and maybe the cat suffers 
for its nature but maybe I suffer 
for nothing my life my life
is a goddamned pom-pom
Maybe in the whole world
no one saved a seat

No comments:

Post a Comment