5/2/12

Scandinavia


1.

I've delayed my writing you, you
land. Of dreams filled with allergy
's extension to eye irritation. I haven't
eaten in three days because of my
courage—the gift of suffering for even
more vomit. It's always one eye.
The right one. My right one.

2.

That single fucking bird isn't really blue but
is about to die.

3.

Its final call. Its death song's enormity
emitted through a minor chirp. A peep,
perhaps.

4.

The final knowledge of true language.
Dying. The inevitable, hesitated melody
of life's sustained, droned rhythm. The
kill, then, song, ripped from the body,
pulled through the throat, and out into
the air.

5.

Miss as in error. A failed attempt at
failing. A woman, a yell, wearing exactly
what you wanted. Give me your hand
to speak through. To lick your palm.

6.

Thunderheadless for approximately
two years. Abandon one shoe once
in your life. Sleep in the other one
for thirteen years.

7.

A missing letter, then,
I am a friend to one of you.

8.

It was raining walking inside you someday.

9.

“This is getting insane,” you said in your
text. “I love you,” I didn't reply.

10.

I never saw your hand
-writing.

11.

To remember you before ever sitting in you.
To forget so many things that have never actually
happened.
To disguise my face with my own face in your
winter mouths.
To exist in your breath to steal you away.
To bury a lock of your hair on Lesbos.
To grow you back to where you were you.
To fill a desert with ice picks.
To insist on paying the bill.
To open a container containing.
To fall down again and again.
To disappoint you on a day like any other.
To whistle.
To walk home in you.
To hang myself with a wire.
To fail. To fall and fall.

12.

Corrected teeth uncorrecting. A gap
made from too much space. A tooth
or two extracted. You, still,
smiling when I smile like
like this.

13.

I forgive you, shamed head. Vietnam doesn't
forgive you. It forgets you were never really there.

No comments:

Post a Comment