5/12/12

Hello beryllium hello carbon








hello   neon   you   bright   noble   gas

Chemistry's   one   thing   wanting

and   wanting   forever


I   have   a   spare   something 

or   other   in   my   jacket   

in   the   pocket

by   the   lake



You   know  desire's 

required  to   even   exist


take   this   brown   ledge   holding

my   dumb   stained   mug


take   your   eyebrow   I   thumb

as   you   breathe   to   death


We'll   never   be   better   cowards

gulping   after   ________

and   failing   to   share   a   mouth


like   how   Becky   in   her   mother

taught   people   to   breathe

and   in   2007   

she   crawled   in   my   face


like   how   I   knew   god   once

in   1988 

and   learned   to   tuck   

into   some   large   thing

1 comment:

  1. Oh man this one! Tasty.


    I really like this whole freakin' cycle of Cutlass btw, guys.

    ReplyDelete