5/31/12


Poems without a title


&
Here comes the screen to free
a wingspan wide enough to reach
me in Nebraska.

But with all that great falling in
Your thicket of fading jay’s
and distance
where’s the calm?

You thought to think
 anything unmade doesn’t harm
 but what have all
 your unmade bricks made for you?

‘A wasting’.
 The sound of Oklahoma
unshapes its face
and sheds
So dirt is held down barely.

A few black clouds raining age cover
the slim distance between
 the whole earth and Gold
 the only color.


&
My skins a shade today
A halved sadness.
A displaced gray and white
 Turning mud to muscle
 And bone also
It turns
 to wood
to clay
to a vase of ate foliage
and then to I don’t know
rage I guess.

&
You hold it.
Then you hold it
and then you hold it
and you hold it and
I never hold it.
I have nothing but my hands.
This collapsing.

I do love you Russell
Your endless engine. Your shifting windows
Wet from the road with your half man
half kicked to the mud under the hoof stomp
of the whole godddaamn hemisphere face.
We are the least difficult of men. All we want is boundless 3s!
And rings

&
Fuck the world
there’s a headache to swallow
and this beard will smear
the entire unfurnished plainness of May away with a kiss.

I put my mouth where I can see it.
a rack of teeth’s
an animal’s landscape
where I stuck a deaf song to whistle  away the weeks

I wake to what I meant
In some unused way
With all these muscle of endless edge
unmanned unmyself

I lift up my hands.
I will leave this place
Hawk my hair
And respond to God: The Sixth man of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment