5/17/13

originstories


That Nebraska is the smell of coffee in the Great Hall,
a brunch underway beneath it in Fellowship Hall,
the smell of stale helium from a history of basketballs
on the dusty wood echoes in the old gymnasiums
in the way basement by bell choir
where I lifted several heavy bass notes.

I can't really remember the cold war though
or Nostradamous but I moved on from my
first crush in the 90s, got over it with David Duchovny's
monotone eyes and the male middle part of every
darkhaired boy. My 96-97 diary was a fat slice, widening
out from its binding with all the pasting in and his faces
taped everywhere. I think probably his personae was my first exposure to
conspiracy. I wanted to be an FBI agent already after Jodie Foster,
I think if for the stories. It's impossible to know
when I first saw Silence of the lambs but I remember
my Dad vividly telling me the entirety
of Se7en later on in the night in 95 when they'd seen it in theaters.

If you investigate the species
and the histories, the bees still figure
in to our legend significantly,
as a sign of the end times
even. I suppose some people deal with always dying by sublimating
their own mortality awareness. Mortality conciousness?
Their being mortality-conscious. Some people opt to sublimate that,
project the anxiety of it, the fears
elsewhere passionately—ends are terrifying.
In and of themselves. True.
And shit could certainly get like that out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment