6/19/12

I don't know. I think I believe in rain.

Believe in rain's work.
Rain cut a rail
straight through all your non-spacey oceans
faster than anyone's father.

Time is a device
to keep things moving.
A heart thump quickens
the firm grip of a lover.

This mountain top device.
This mountain top. That mountain top.
No mountain top.

Carry a new branch.
Feel heavy from all the cords,
the fire wood at its belt.

Sing chords of praises to a distracted god.
I didn't carve this mold,
my grandfather did. I didn't plant that tree,
his grandfather did. I didn't fence that plot of land,
his grandfather did. I'm just doing the best
with what I'm glad I've got.

The least you could do is drool for me a little. Get
your galoshes on. Get
your diving cap
and scarf
and goggles on.

I'm going splashing.

I'm going canyoning. I'm going canyoning. I'm canyoning every corner of this island, until we both drown in our borders.

After all,
without some god,
all that's left
is drowning.

No comments:

Post a Comment