2/29/12

KENDALL

Yesterday was
a Tuesday day
but also today is still
sniffing backward
towards Christmas day
or another day
that means more
than this missing day.
Then if that is so
today is a wishing day
or it will be
that it was a washing day
a watching day
from my own life
I say to everyone,
"Watch me play
alone in my sand
see how my face gets
blasted with day-
ness. See my dad-
ness overwhelm me.
See me say about
what batters
my hatches."
I don't drink
but I rub dogs who say
nothing. I move to rub.
To say,
"Support
my mouth and ears.
P l e a s e,
k  e  e  p   t  h  e  m."

2 comments:

  1. "sniffing backward
    ...
    ... this missing day.
    ...
    today is a wishing day
    or it will be"

    I really like reading this one out loud. Very nice fun with the "ay" sound.

    ReplyDelete