9/9/12

No Named Thing's Worth Keeping




Who's been chucking dixie cups
in the dried up tombs
and who's been swapping out
my souvenirs for slop
Every little thing I feel's 
the realest whittled spear
and every pithy phrase I fake
ties the dumb mouth that I've got
Who's been tossing rotten fruit
in my office garbage pail
as it blackened past a puckered thumb
a slivered molar caught my tongue

God someone pass me back that bottle
someone balk my drunked up grief
someone ready my old kneeling pads
I'll punch in my pink knees, say:

Our father was a flag pole
and our mother was a widow
Say we've never had a brother 
and we'll never be born
Say we've never been but wailing
towers of skidding silver tacks
Say now's the time we won't stop curling
what they razed comes sprouting back

Someone type up all the rules 
of an emotional whore 
Bawl it in the yard this time:
Home's where you know
that nothing's yours

1 comment: